Re: All hail Neo!

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 00:52:38 GMT

Marshall Spight wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Marshall Spight wrote:

>>>Indeed. The basic equation isn't sound, and there's no
>>>getting around that.
>>>
>>>Start with a language L. Add feature F to get language L'.
>>>L' is less expressive that language L. Solve for F.
>>>
>>>For all L: result is the empty set.
>>>
>>>(Note that I do not say "null.")
>>
>>You have a faulty assumption. You assume that feature F has no effect on
>>the set of existing features of L. The assumption is false, as is your
>>conclusion.

> Which part of "add" are you having trouble with?

I had no trouble with it at all. Which part of "Your assumption is false as is your conclusion" did you have trouble with?

If one starts with a two valued logic and adds a third value, one changes all of the features of the prior logic. Every truth table must change. Every identity is potentially affected as are associativity, distributivity etc. Received on Wed Apr 26 2006 - 19:52:38 CDT