Re: Has E/R had a negative impact on db?

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 05:35:52 -0700

Neo wrote:
> Jan Hidders wrote:
> > I would argue that
> > it is exactly *because* ER dialects were ignored as a viable
> > alternative for a DBMS logical model, and consequently got swallowed up
> > and crushed in the OODBMS avalanche, that the field of database theory
> > has been held back.
>
> Darn those OODBMS proponent! They haven't a clue.

Depending on your definition of OODBMS you may just have accused me of being clueless. Was that your intention?

  • Jan Hidders

PS. I did not give you permission to quote me without proper attribution, so either attribute properly or don't quote. Received on Tue Apr 25 2006 - 14:35:52 CEST

Original text of this message