Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2006 04:51:04 -0700

DonR wrote:
> My observations are the RM/SQL products have a lot of theory that says
> can be used to make good applications but in practice, many users
> perfer the Pick applications. The R&R story is a good example.

No it isn't. You said yourself that you don't know why the users didn't want to switch. Of course, if you presume that which you wanted to prove, namely that Pick technology is always superior, then it follows that this is probably the reason. But since that is circular reasoning your example proves precisely nothing. Are all your "observations" of that nature?

> Since Pick software has been around for thirty years, why do some of
> you still berate it and the people that use it?

You'll have to ask that to the ones that do.

> This leads me to believe that the people on this forum are not very
> open minded.

Some more that others.