Re: Lucid statement of the MV vs RM position?

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 08:15:12 GMT

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:2rX2g.65027$VV4.1232702_at_ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...

> But as I said, anyone who can understand highschool-level set theory can
> use the relational model.

I disagree, although my disagreement may be merely a quibble.

I would have said:

" anyone who can understand highschool-level set theory can   learn to use the relational model."

Even with good undetstanding of highschool-level set theory, there is still some additional learning needed to design well and to implement well. Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 03:15:12 CDT