Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 04:21:32 GMT

DonR wrote:

> Bob Badour wrote:
>

>>Jan Hidders wrote:

>>>Unless you can tell us with certainty what went wrong in this case this
>>>doesn't even qualify as anecdotal evidence. For all we know the problem
>>>was that the MV product they used let's you get away with so much
>>>sloppy data modelling that at this time all hope of turning it into a
>>>well-structured one was lost.
>>>
>>>-- Jan Hidders
>>
>>Not to mention the high probability they employed people whose cognitive
>>abilities were long ago destroyed by Pick use in the implementation.

> I think you have made it quite clear that you think ALL pick
> programmers/users are stupid.

Given that the people online who are considered the best and the brightest experts from among the pick crowd are universally stupid, I extrapolated from there. Oh, that, and the fact one would have to be stupid to think the product is any good.

One company I'm very
> fimilar with is a wholesale & retail auto parts company. They have
> about 100 stores and an IT staff of two, one of them maintains the Pick
> system, the other one maintains PC's and the network. If they had a SQL
> system, how many RM/SQL people would be needed for that size company?

None. I have worked on applications with embedded SQL databases that required no on-site dba.

> How many Pick projects have you worked on?

None, thankfully. My brain remains functional. For instance, I can see, understand and articulate why Pick is such a horribe product. People whose brains have not been damaged can actually follow the logic.

> Cheers,
> Don
> Proud to be a Pick programmer.

Yes, I have noticed that stupidity and pride go hand-in-hand. Received on Mon Apr 24 2006 - 06:21:32 CEST

Original text of this message