Re: All hail Neo!

From: mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 11:08:19 +0200

David Cressey wrote:
> mAsterdam wrote
> [...]

>>Which? You mean between "I don't have a killfile" and "my killfile is
>>empty"? HAHAHAHAHA

> In the context of a discussion on actual content, rather than etiquette and
> personalities, I find the distinction between "empty" and "doesn't exist"
> quite interesting.

Yep. In another context it would be.

In the actual context, Bob Badour apologizing for not understanding, however, it quickly becomes a ridicoulous escape route.

To reprovide the snipped context:
[...]=
Bob Badour wrote:

 > mAsterdam wrote:
 >
 >> Bob Badour wrote:

 >>> Your loss then. I really suggest you switch to a useful newsreader.
 >>> Personally, I use Netscape Mail & Newsgroups, but I am sure lots of
 >>> other newsreaders have killfiles.
 >>

 >> Ah! Let's rephrase. My killfile is empty.
 >> You did not understand that?
 >> Pity. Pity you.
 >

 > Sorry. "Not exists" and "exists but empty" seem like a logical
 > difference to me.

> For some time now, I've been designing a data representation scheme around
> what I'll call "smart datablocks". I found it very useful to have different
> representations for a "null block", meaning the absence of a block where
> one was expected, and an "empty block", meaning an ordinary data block,
> but one whose payload is empty.

To talk about that, you really should change the subject line. Received on Sun Apr 23 2006 - 11:08:19 CEST

Original text of this message