Re: All hail Neo!

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2006 16:29:18 -0700

Frank Hamersley wrote:
<snip>
> While null is not my favourite aspect of the RM, I remain to be
> convinced that D is not a manifestly worse proposition. Perhaps you et
> al can sway me?

I much prefer the approach taken in D (IIRC) as I think there are real cost savings with the simplicity of expressions being either true or false. My experience (anecdotal) has been that both developers and end-users make fewer mistakes and take less time figuring out what the result of a query will be or what it means when using 2VL.

The link below is primarily descriptive rather than argumentative, it is not about D but an existing language, and it describes what you already grasp, but in spite of those caveats, you might enjoy reading:

http://www.tincat-group.com/mewsings/2006/03/better-to-have-no-values.html

Cheers! --dawn Received on Sun Apr 23 2006 - 01:29:18 CEST

Original text of this message