Re: All hail Neo!

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2006 15:37:54 -0700

>>> Jay Dee: While BB's blunt replies to and comments on other posts jolted me, I've come to feel that he has faced and embraced a worthwhile truth: being polite is sometimes a greater barrier to communication than being rude.
>>
>> Neo: The worth-while-ness of such a "truth" is dubious if it only works "sometimes". It seems you are making a preassumption which may need verification. What is the preassumption?
>>
>> Neo: Actually what I meant by my prior polite comments and questions is: If you have come to feel that way then you are a *!_at_*! than Bob Badour.
>
> mAsterdam: Your and Bob's posts are very much alike. Boring. At first you treated most readers of cdt as morons by repeating the same blind spots over and over again, Bob simply picked out a few people who are relatively ignorant in his expertise area, called them names and actively blocks their communication at cdt. Boring and sickening. Suddenly you turn out to be able to actually read replies, and Bob turns out to be able to actually contribute. Great. I'm not an expert in what you and Bob are aiming for. Yet I think I have to say some valuable on topic things to both of you. I won't until I notice improvement in you showing respect.

Having received many names throughout serveral years, I can certainly respect someone who finds name calling to be sickening. I will try to remember that I am treating others like morons by repeating the same blind spots over and over again. I will try to be less boring.

PS. Are you aware that my emulation of Bob and swearing in this thread was to verify Jay Dee's hypothesis that being polite is sometimes a greater barrier to communication than being rude? Received on Sun Apr 23 2006 - 00:37:54 CEST

Original text of this message