From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:05:58 GMT

Alvin Ryder wrote:
> Neo wrote:

>>I believe I have already surpassed RM. And as far as I can
>>tell, linked-lists are not even as flexible as RM.

> I agree linked-lists aren't as powerful as the RM but LISP and Prolog
> are not merely about lists.
> Both Prolog and LISP can represent information and indeed knowledge
> well beyond the RM, that's why they are popular with the ai community!

Given the standard definitions of information and knowledge, that's a rather astounding claim. Do you have anything that might back it up?

[binary relations snipped]

> Now you can have pretty complex relationships and ask all sorts of
> queries. Who likes who, who studies what, who teaches what, who is
> who's parent/grandparent ...

Can it handle n-ary relations? Like "John bought 10 apples each at 10cents" ? Received on Fri Apr 21 2006 - 15:05:58 CEST

Original text of this message