Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Apr 2006 18:57:31 -0700

Bob Badour wrote:

> Data management and application development are different functions.

Typically, but not always. If one is speaking of an application-specific
embedded database, it doesn't make sense to separate the two functions.

The tools we have today don't lend themselves to this style of thinking;
however better integration between our application languages and our data management languages and libraries would make this sort of approach more feasible.

Many applications in the business world are "enterprise" applications and involve the integration of disparate systems, but some applications tend towards being monolithic--Photoshop for example.

Marshall Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 20:57:31 CDT