Re: Entity Overlap and Relationships

From: GB <grantallenbrown_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 20:20:43 -0700

Thanks Jan! I think I understand in that the design should mimic the *carefully* thought out business requirements. In this case, each Entity type will likely have multiple addresses but the more I noodle on it I am thinking of doing what you rec'd in terms of using a fixed set of addresses for each entity type except for people. I will likely run into the situation that the Entity Type that tracks people will have more than a "forecastable" number of addresses since most of the firm's clients (high net worth individuals) seem to have a multitute of addresses (winter home, summer home, beach home, hawaii home - nice problem to have I suppose). As for the Business type entities, they will likely have less but more standardized addresses (sales office, ship to, invoice to, etc.). The third type is kinda like a VAR and has it own set of addressing issues. I sincerely appreciate your post and it has kept me thinking. I just hate getting further down the road and having to change something after I have migrated data over! Received on Thu Apr 20 2006 - 05:20:43 CEST

Original text of this message