Re: THe OverRelational Manifesto (ORM)

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2006 08:59:58 -0700

> > Of course you can shuffle words "stupid" "idiot" and "shit" (You seem
> > to be master of this action)
>
> In this case they seem to be justified words.

Incorrect. There is never justification to use such words. Never.

This does not mean one cannot strongly refute others' ideas. But the above words don't address ideas at all, do they? They hypothesize qualities of the opposite speaker.

In fact, I believe the best way to raise the level of discourse on this newsgroup would be for extended further reading. In particular, I am thinking of Miss Manners. Once the basic material is mastered, we could move on to the advanced stuff, like transaction processing or type theory.

Recommended for all humans:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0393058743/sr=8-1/qid=1145462214/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4661063-2538456?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Marshall Received on Wed Apr 19 2006 - 17:59:58 CEST

Original text of this message