Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:43:18 GMT

B Faux wrote:

> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
>

>>Tedd wrote:
>>
>>>Sounds like the short answer to my question is nobody on this newsgroup
>>>really knows why folks like those listed in Dawn's earlier post would
>>>use multivalue over relational. Of course, opinions abound!
>>
>>And no one really knows whether or why a company saves considerable
>>dollars when they employ such systems. But having done considerable
>>research on it, I have some more clues than when I started. In short,
>>the data model for these products is far more flexible than the RM.
>>This seems to translate into dollar savings, possibly even considerable
>>dollar savings, over time. This is an opinion, but not just an
>>off-the-top-of-the-head opinion.
>>
>>Cheers! --dawn

Given the source, the more effort she put into it, the farther from reality the likely outcome will be.

> Another (rather obvious) problem with the comparison is it would require
> identical applications using the different approaches and tested over time
> for all costs associated with each technique.

All it really requires is the ability to think and reason in the abstract. I have yet to meet a Pick advocate with such capability. Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 19:43:18 CEST

Original text of this message