Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2006 09:12:35 -0700

Tedd wrote:
> Sounds like the short answer to my question is nobody on this newsgroup
> really knows why folks like those listed in Dawn's earlier post would
> use multivalue over relational. Of course, opinions abound!

And no one really knows whether or why a company saves considerable dollars when they employ such systems. But having done considerable research on it, I have some more clues than when I started. In short, the data model for these products is far more flexible than the RM. This seems to translate into dollar savings, possibly even considerable dollar savings, over time. This is an opinion, but not just an off-the-top-of-the-head opinion.

Cheers! --dawn Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 18:12:35 CEST

Original text of this message