Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 13:59:16 GMT

x wrote:

> "Bob Badour" <> wrote in message

>>x wrote:
>>I fail to see how such an imprecise language could increase

> I don't see how but I think is this imprecision what allows for the
> expressiveness of human languages.

I suggest it says more about the inventiveness and adaptability of the human mind than the expressiveness of the language. It also says a lot about human overconfidence in its own comprehension. The human mind has evolved in all sorts of ways that make humans reach invalid conclusions.

I highly recommend Gilovich's _How We Know What Isn't So_.

> If you followed the ttm list recently, you might have read a message called
> "A Join ambiguity" which I wrote.

I am unfamiliar with the list, and I did not read the message. You are welcome to email it to me. Received on Tue Apr 18 2006 - 15:59:16 CEST

Original text of this message