From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2006 11:20:18 -0700

> ... calling one of us an idiot. Not sure who. :-)

Well if you don't want the compliment, I'll take it :)

> Prolog is not an inherently type-safe language ...

This is slightly off-topic, but I am curious about your view:

  1. What is the proper name of the relationship between person and John, person and Mary, fruit and apple, fruit and banana, etc. Ie, fill the verb in: person ____ john.
  2. What is the proper name of the reverse relationship between John and person, Mary and person, apple and fruit, banana and fruit, etc. Ie, fill the verb in: john ___ person.
  3. Just as John and Mary "are" persons, and apple and banana "are" fruits, what are person and fruit?
  4. Supposing the answer to question 3 is xyz, what is the proper name of the relationship between xyz and person, xyz and fruit, etc?
  5. Supposing the answer to question 3 is xyz, what is the proper name of the reverse relationship between person and xyz, fruit and xyz, etc?