Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 14 Apr 2006 15:57:33 -0700

B Faux wrote:

> [...] Just Google the recent experience of Reynolds and
> Reynolds in their attempt to shift their product from an MV implementation
> to an SQL implementation (I believe they flushed more than 60 million
> dollars down the drain with zero deliverable to show for it.)

Unless you can tell us with certainty what went wrong in this case this doesn't even qualify as anecdotal evidence. For all we know the problem was that the MV product they used let's you get away with so much sloppy data modelling that at this time all hope of turning it into a well-structured one was lost.

  • Jan Hidders