Re: Multiplicity, Change and MV

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 20:57:58 GMT

Neo wrote:

>>The most resilient designs are those which accurately represent
>>data, not relationships. In that vein, I've found Halpern's ORM
>>approach to be helpful -- although his goal of discovering objects
>>is, I feel, slightly off the mark.

> Would you (or someone) be willing to demonstrate this resiliency
> starting with the OP's simple example and then extending a bit further?

Do some citeseer searches for NIAM, nijssen and halpin. They set the reference point for conceptual modelling about 20 years ago.

Since that time, I have seen nothing I would consider a groundshaking improvement; although, Jan or Vadim might have a better idea if something significantly changed the state of the art in recent years.

If you want anyone to take you seriously, you will first have to demonstrate some knowledge of the prior art. Received on Thu Apr 13 2006 - 15:57:58 CDT