From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Apr 2006 20:29:19 -0700

> Aren't you basically reinventing Prolog or one of its variants? The notion of code in a database where the code modifies itself as part of the data management is fundamental to Prolog. How is this different?
.
At the most fundamental level, the difference is the method used to represent things. LISP uses linked lists that can be nested. My LISP-like interface (in early stages of dev) uses a more general data model whose flexibility can not be achieved by linked-lists. This flexibility comes at the cost of complexity/memory size/processing time making it less efficient within the useful scope of LISP. I don't know Prolog's data model so I can't comment. Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 22:29:19 CDT