From: Nick Malik [Microsoft] <nickmalik_at_hotmail.nospam.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 00:57:05 -0700

"Neo" <neo55592_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1144029234.495256.11540_at_u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com...
>> > Neo: ... experimental db that can store both data and code ...
>>
>> Lahman: My push back has to be: Why?
>
> :) To approach the type of processing capability displayed by humans.
> While I will not achieve anything like that in my life time,
> manipulating code just like data allows solutions for some niche

> applications (AI-ish) that are impractical with existing tools.

Hi Neo,

Aren't you basically reinventing Prolog or one of its variants? The notion of code in a database where the code modifies itself as part of the data management is fundamental to Prolog.

How is this different?

--
--- Nick Malik [Microsoft]
    MCSD, CFPS, Certified Scrummaster

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this forum are my own, and not
representative of my employer.
   I do not answer questions on behalf of my employer.  I'm just a
programmer helping programmers.