Re: How can optimizer for query Xml file using XQuery

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Apr 2006 01:27:57 -0700

hankhtn_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm a student
> Ive read the article"Accelerating queries by pruning XML
> documents".it's very interesting ,but i don't know how can index xml
> file( because programming language like .Net or Java don't support to
> read how many byte from start file to the current element ???, may be
> it not true)

Both in C# and in Java you can address directly positions in a file.

> Please help me ,or is there any better article ( method can optimizer
> for query Xml file using XQuery )

There is a large amount of literature on that, with a large range of optimization tricks and techniques, but which part of that is interesting for you depends very much on what you are trying to do. So, if you would say a bit more about that, or what your assignment is, I might be able to give you some pointers.

  • Jan Hidders