Re: Data Model

From: JOG <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk>
Date: 6 Apr 2006 18:07:18 -0700

Neo wrote:
> >> But I ask again, with no ill will, JOG would you post an RM solution to
> >> the OP and model the same or similar data that I have, so that we can
> >> compare some aspects, especially flexibility to handle changes and new
> >> types of data.
> >
> > No, I'm clearly not going to do your work for you -
>
> I am not asking you to do my work for me. I have already done so and
> posted it. I am asking you to provide some tangible support for your
> assertion that my solution is a sledgehammer compared to some other.
>
> > a dodo in a blindfold could probably have discerned that by now.
>
> Why does a professional consultant like you have to resort to
> derogatory comments?
>
> > I have no interest in binary graph structures for logical modelling of information and as such have no reason to waste my time retreading already disproven ground.
>
> Me either. Just because someone says my solution is based on binary
> graph structures doesn't mean it is true. My interest is in verifying
> flexibility of the solutions, not logical models.
>
> > But, as I said, I will honestly read any short comparisons you make yourself.
>
> It is not my responsibility to support your assertion.
>
> > Perhaps you have had some epiphany that everyone else has missed. But I doubt it.
>
> It is easy enough to find out, just post a solution which models the
> same data (see comments) which mine does and then we can compare their
> flexibilities.

Well your suggestion analogises to a sledgehammer if naught but for its verbosity. As others have suggested, I cannot imagine having to type such a sprawling solution in. There is no need to post an alternative solution for this observation to be valid.

As such, all that I can say to this Neo is that there appears to be a clear impression of your 'model' here. If (in your opinion) we have an incorrect understanding then (if it were me) I would think about why this miscomprehension has occurred, reassess my delivery and attempt to remedy the situation.

Its a sad fact of life that noone is going to get off there backsides to help one do this. Start a new thread and convince us. But the onus is on you.

I wish you all best and I will leave it at that, Jim.

(apologies to the Object Pascal for inadvertantly contributing to the hijacking of this thread) Received on Fri Apr 07 2006 - 03:07:18 CEST

Original text of this message