Re: Database design

From: David Portas <REMOVE_BEFORE_REPLYING_dportas_at_acm.org>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 04:21:18 -0700

chie wrote:
> Good Day to all. I'm looking for literature in performance evaluation
> of database designs using response times. Hope you guys can help me
> out.
>
> Thank you
>
> Archie

Could you be a bit more specific. This is a theory group and many people may interpret "design" as "logical design". Logical design does not determine performance.

Unless you specify particular products and scenarios it's difficult to give any useful advice.

--
David Portas, SQL Server MVP

Whenever possible please post enough code to reproduce your problem.
Including CREATE TABLE and INSERT statements usually helps.
State what version of SQL Server you are using and specify the content
of any error messages.

SQL Server Books Online:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/ms130214(en-US,SQL.90).aspx