Re: More on lists and sets

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2006 18:54:38 -0800

David Cressey wrote:

> I think Marshall wants to do this. I want to deal only with lists in the
> programming language, and only with sets in the data sublanguage that
> interfaces with the database.

Why would you want to split up your collections capabilities like that? What would it gain you?

If nothing else, I'd really like some of SQL's declarative query capabilities in my programming language. (Such as you get with languages with list comprehensions.)

Marshall Received on Sun Mar 26 2006 - 20:54:38 CST