Re: Syntacs, Semantics, and the Problem Domain

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 22:58:13 GMT

David Cressey wrote:
> This topic is a spin off from another topic, where Marshall Spight brought
> syntax and semantics into the conversation.

[..]

> That makes it seem as though the question is a syntactic one, and platform
> dependent to boot. But it isn't. It's really semantics. Now, most of the
> problems I have with the comments of pickies generally in c.d.t. is that,
> nearly always, they come down to the idea that a team consisting of two or
> three pickies are so very productive that they can provide all the technical
> services to support and run a large scale database.

<humour>
Couldn't resist a post ... in respect of these agile tendencies the image that is front of mind is the scene in Wallace and Gromit's "The Wrong Trousers" where Gromit is laying the railway track in front of the speeding train from an inexhaustible supply out of the tiny carton! </humour>

[..]

Cheers, Frank. Received on Sun Mar 12 2006 - 23:58:13 CET

Original text of this message