Re: Data Model

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ucantrade.com.NOTHERE>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 11:32:16 -0800

On 10 Mar 2006 11:21:38 -0800, matthewdavis1980_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>No problem...I understand where ya'll were coming from.
>
>I added the building in because all "locations(floors)" in a building
>have the same address, city, zip, etc...

     The building that I live in has four addresses. I am not counting suite numbers as different. The three businesses on the ground floor are at 1313, 1315, and 1317. The apartments on the second floor have 1313 1/2. (Yes, that one half is really there.)

     Some buildings facing on more than one street even have different street names in their different addresses. I recall reading an article in "Byte" oodles of years ago that was on an arson program and the difficulties they had in determining which addresses applied to which buidlings.

>This way the user can select a building and view all available
>locations. I don't see this changing often, but I feel future
>enhancements that will use this data will benefit from this design.

     Look out.

>I agree, I did drag this into my problem, and I can't just let it go :-)

     Be careful. That feeling of power might be self-electrocution. <G>

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko Received on Fri Mar 10 2006 - 13:32:16 CST