Re: MV Keys

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:25:37 +0200

"mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote in message news:4408caa6$0$11075$e4fe514c_at_news.xs4all.nl...
> Marshall Spight wrote:
> > mAsterdam wrote:
> >
> >>Aside (the example surely illustrates your point)
> >>could this removeAt operation possibly be useful
> >>in a concurrent environment?
> >
> > For sure.
>
> I don't (yet? :-) see how it can be useful etc. by itself.
> A little namechange to emphasize the multi-somethingness:
>
> OurSharedList.removeAt(index) has more serious
> sharing problems than, say:
> OurSharedList.removeItem(item)
>
> ISTM the index loses its meaning when I'm not
> in sole control of the list.

> Hmm... OurSharedList.insertafter(hopefullyexisting item, new item)

(insert into OurSharedList(Existing, New) select hopefullyexisting item as Existing, new item as New from OurSharedList
where Existing=hopefullyexisting item
union
select new item as Existing, New

from OurSharedList
where Existing=hopefullyexisting item) , (delete from OurSharedList where Existing=hopefullyexisting item) Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 11:25:37 CET

Original text of this message