Re: MV Keys (was: Key attributes with list values)

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Feb 2006 15:42:50 -0800

David Cressey wrote:
> "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> > > Did you ever use Pick in a database environment?
> >
> > I gather you mean compared to as an O/S?
>
> No, I mean as compared to an application/files environment.

Ah, yes, indeed. Pick, like other non-RDBMS database tools, is used as an enterprise database environment in a large variety of vertical industries. There were more than 10,000 "fields" (some stored, as if "base tables," and others derived data) delivered by the ERP vendor, for example, and the capability for customers to add custom applications.

I suspect this question is related to you thinking I don't think of the database as being a shared enterprise asset, but I really do (I might occasionally push buttons, however). smiles. --dawn Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 17:42:50 CST