Re: MV Keys (was: Key attributes with list values)

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2006 15:51:11 -0800

David Cressey wrote:
> "mAsterdam" <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote
>
> > If I change the order of the items in the list,
> > does that make it a new key? I would think so. (See below)
>
> In other words, an onion and mushroom pizza is different from a mushroom and
> onion pizza.
>
> Here we go again.

Ha ha!

I've always maintained that any question about whether a collection is ordered or not (such as a collection of pizza toppings) is a question of domain modelling. The question of whether onion, mushroom = mushroom, onion is exactly the question of whether this particular collection is considered ordered in this particular domain. To answer that, we need a domain expert.

Marshall Received on Mon Feb 27 2006 - 00:51:11 CET

Original text of this message