Re: MV Keys (was: Key attributes with list values)

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Feb 2006 08:19:50 -0800

mAsterdam wrote:
> dawn wrote:
> > ... What does it mean that a list is a key? If
> > I change one value in the list, does that make it a new key? I would
> > think so.
>
> If I change the order of the items in the list,
> does that make it a new key? I would think so. (See below)

Sure. If you change the order of the bits in the int, that makes it a new key as well.

If you make a logical change to the value, it's a different value. (Likewise, if the logical value stays the same but something else changes, it's the same value.)

> > It might model a proposition something like
> >
> > The team with people whose ID's are 112233 and 123456 has a best run of
> > 38 seconds in the potato sack race.
>
> The team with people whose ID's are 123456 and 112233 has a best run of
> 38 seconds in the potato sack race.
>
> Would be the same proposition, right?
>
> So, in this example we have a set-key, not a list-key.

Uh, yeah. You're right. That's a set, not a list. *cough*

Marshall Received on Sun Feb 26 2006 - 17:19:50 CET

Original text of this message