Re: OT: writing style

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:25:32 -0800

mAsterdam <mAsterdam_at_vrijdag.org> wrote:

>Mark Johnson wrote:

>> Etc. That's exactly my complaint with those abusing this ng. That's
>> exactly how I explained it, if you had bothered to read my replies to
>> all these, rather than selectively quote only those messages which
>> preceded them.

>Which were the ones I wanted you to read again

Those messages in which replied to the complaints which you selected.

And:

>Indeed not. You are suggesting I should have.
>Why do you want that?

Because otherwise a baseless complaint is left to stand. That's not called, justice. It's not charitable. And it's not right. If you want to keep involving yourself in such an utterly pointless discussion, then at least do so honestly, and fairly. If you quote them - then quote my responses, as well.

>I reject the accusation of carefully leaving out anything.

You left out what I had to say in reply. It's not an accusation so much as a statement of fact, with which you yourself agree.

>> You're on your own.

>No need to get nasty.

Just be honest. You weren't in this, or the previous message. I just explained why, above.

But honestly, this is pointless. Nothing can come of this. You are defending baseless accusations and rude behavior, which are not unknown on Usenet. But you don't defend that. You should be on my side in this, clearly.

Again, as I said, this can go nowhere. I think it's boring. I think nothing can be added to it. Again, you're on your own. Received on Sun Feb 26 2006 - 05:25:32 CET

Original text of this message