Re: Declarative constraints in practical terms

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2006 18:10:49 -0800

Alfredo Novoa wrote:
<snip>
> Don't take Dawn seriously, she is a well known troll.

Come on, Alfredo. You know that isn't fair to call someone a troll just because either a) you consider yourself smarter or more knowledgeable that that person b) you disagree with that person and/or c) your interests lie in other areas than that person's interests.

> But the most important issue is not a marginal performance difference.
> Optimizers do their work for free in miliseconds without mistakes, and
> coders don't.
>
> Optimizers are nothing but mechanic coders and to replace manual labour
> by optimizers is mechanization.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mechanization
>
> To be against mechanization is called technophobia. Dawn is a
> Neo-Luddite
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luddite

So now I'm a Luddite troll, eh? Do trolls typically give their full names? Please play fair, brother. --dawn,

Dawn M. Wolthuis, www.tincat-group.com Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 20:10:49 CST