Database Schema for delicious ( Tag Structure)

From: friend.05 <hirenshah.05_at_gmail.com>
Date: 25 Feb 2006 10:11:41 -0800

Hi,

I have design database model for Tag structure. Do u think del.icio.us has same structure ?
I am also including heirarchy of tags, which delicious has not implemented.

Database Schema :

create user ( userid integer,

                    login varchar (255)  )

create tag ( tagid integer,
                  tagname varchar (255)
                  tagitemcount integer )

create item ( itemid integer,
                   itemdescription varchar (255),
                   itemurl varchar (255) )

create hierarchy ( hierarchyid integer,
                           hierarchyname varchar(255) )

All these tables I have consider has many - many to relation so associated tables will be there.

create usertag ( userid integer

                        tagid integer )

create useritem ( itemid integer,
                           userid integer )

create tagitem ( tagid integer,
                        itemid integer )

create taghierarchy ( tagid integer,
                               hierarchyid integer )

I want to write query for popular tags. and queries related to tag database.

Reference site :

del.icio.us
http://flickr.com/photos/tonreg/tags/landscape/ Received on Sat Feb 25 2006 - 12:11:41 CST