Re: How to use Decode function

From: Bob Hairgrove <>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:11:00 +0100

On 25 Feb 2006 05:36:17 -0800, wrote:

>Can anyone help me how to use DECODE function instead of CASE statement
>in the following query.

I believe that DECODE is a function specific to Oracle, while CASE is standard SQL. Newer versions of Oracle probably support CASE, too. I only worked extensively with 8i and just a little with 9i; 8i didn't support CASE yet, IIRC. But they gave the SQL parser a major overhaul in 9i, and now it is much more standard than 8i was.

Maybe you would have more and better answers if you ask in or

Bob Hairgrove