Re: Database design

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 14:33:47 -0800

"s.j.lagoe" <s.j.lagoe_at_googlemail.com> wrote:

>Marshall Spight wrote:
>> JOG wrote:

>> > yes, sadly proven now.

>> Reluctantly, I must agree. I hate to think ill of anyone, but
>> then, this is part of what trolls rely on.

>3 respected people of the group have tried to speak with you and you
>have insulted all of them.

I pointed out some abusive behavior by a few, now, on this ng, after they said something which required such a reply. Only then. And that's all.

>Marshall Spight and Frank Hammersley are very good writers

I can only read what they post. Both ended up talking themselves into something of a corner, in my opinion. But I was patient and persisted. And suddenly, at some point, they may have decided that their only option was to attack and hurl baseless insults at me. If it's an argument, and they saw it as such, that's literally how you know they feel they had lost the argument. But I can only guess as to their motives. I had only wished to discuss the issues. That's all I've ever done in the messages, outside of having to deal with off-topic messages such as yours. And I replied to such attacks appropriately, as I believe I am doing so, here.

That you, and a few others, keep on with these off-topic messages is your problem, frankly. Of course, I have to reply to such a message as yours. I just can't let it go. But I'd really rather not. This is absolutely ridiculous. And I consider your complaint, here, to be completely backwards, and misrepresentative. And all of these ridiculous subthreads, these pointless messages, could have been avoided if the few you are so eagerly defending would simply have kept to discussing issues, rather than personalities. Such personal attacks are simply uncalled for. Stick to discussions. If you want to attack someone, don't. Just don't post that kind of message.

In fact, that's just considered good etiquette on these ngs. I know that. Now, so do you. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 23:33:47 CET

Original text of this message