Re: The horse race

From: Tony Andrews <andrewst_at_onetel.com>
Date: 24 Feb 2006 04:23:21 -0800

Mark Johnson wrote:
> "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >What if the task at hand was to identify how many cards were in
> >the given deck?
>
> Just try it. Since you can't use cards, anymore, you'll have to
> randomize lines in some routine, say some javascript on one of your
> web pages.
>
> And get back to me on that. What happens when you do that?

Sorry to butt in, but I have just been read this and another related thread for the first time, and it is getting bizarre. Mark, are you asking Marshall to attempt to count a collection of some kind (punch cards, lines of code, whatever) when they are not in their correct order? And are you implying that he won't be able to do it? Do you mean not at all, or not without restoring the correct order first? Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 13:23:21 CET

Original text of this message