Re: Database design

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 23:22:01 -0800

"Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Reluctantly, I must agree. I hate to think ill of anyone, but
>then, this is part of what trolls rely on.

Repeating the same baseless accusations, you mean?

If you thought you erred, or were wrong about something, learn from it. This is no way to resolve anything. And if you thought you explained yourself until you were 'blue in the face', and I still didn't understand, then move on. My loss. That's it. But whatever the reason, and while I might have said you weren't throwing around this term, I think our mAsterdam better take another look at who is accusing me of what. Because you have now said this.

>The misunderstanding of the issues is just too egregious

But that's a complaint about yourself. I know it sounds easy to say. Oh, whatever he says must be turned around on him. In this case, it's descriptive, it's appropriate. You painted yourself into some absurd corners to defend some of these notions. I know that, because I couldn't believe some of the things you were saying, as you might know.

>The subject's pre-emptive application of the "troll" label

But you just said that, about me. I can only go by what you write.

>with his pre-emptive scolding for etiquette violations

Pre-emptive doesn't mean - after the fact, which is how you're using it. Again, what you're attempting to do is pointless, it IS poor etiquette, and you should know better. And I shouldn't be the only one telling you, which I find a bit surprising. But like I said to the other guy, if you disagree, but can't refrain from then reflexively calling people, trolls, and who have made every patient effort to understand and be understood, then just look elsewhere. Don't infuriate yourself. You should know better. Answer other threads. Let this go. My loss. Your loss. Whatever.

But gosh-golly, enough with these abusive potshots, already. Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 08:22:01 CET

Original text of this message