Re: Database design

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 18:23:39 -0800

Mark Johnson wrote:

> >> In other words, the tuples are not in any order.
>
> Unless they are in some order.

Mark,

I get the feeling that you aren't really at all interested in a set-theoretic
view of order or data or whatever. Am I correct? It seems you're more interested in advancing your own views, or critiquing existing theory. As far as critiquing existing theory goes, it is a necessary precursor to that conversation that you demonstrate that you understand the theory; you have not done so, so I'm not interested in pursuing that line of conversation. As far as advancing your own theory goes, a necessary precursor is that you actually lay one out; you have not done so, so I'm not interested in pursuing that line of conversation either.

So I'm left with pretty much nothing.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 24 2006 - 03:23:39 CET

Original text of this message