Re: Database design

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:36:32 -0800

Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>Mark Johnson wrote:
>> Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>>>It wasn't but even so, tough!
>>
>> That's what happens when you can't answer simple questions. You attack
>> the messenger. But it shows you have no argument, no answer, and
>> nothing to offer.

>FWICT there aren't any messages - not coherent ones at least.

You wrote - even so, tough! That's, in other words, you could care less if what you say is uncalled for.

That's bad behavior. I'm just reminding you of it. You might just accept that, and move on.

>> You could also take care to read what is written. Many examples have
>> now been offered. Many! I don't think you've tackled a single one,
>> preferring perhaps diversions, instead. Entire paragraphs went
>> unanswered. If you didn't understand, you might have asked for
>> clarification, unless discussing things and teaching and/or learning
>> are something you feel in appropriate to ngs. That I don't know. But I
>> myself certainly don't think that way.

>Fatuous drivel!

And you describe what you write by that. That's self-referential, and anyone can see that. I don't understand why you have become so enraged, so furious and disruptive. But perhaps you might take a moment.

Fair?

>Text books - simple examples - true - useful (i.e. not pointless not
>trivial)!

>Academic papers - complex examples (to the degree mandated to convey the
>concepts) - true - useful (i.e. not pointless not trivial).

I would say typically both are the object of the complaint that they present pointlessly trivial examples. But textbooks, if anything, would tend to present something more useful, at some point, in some chapters. That might be the expectation. There certainly must be exceptions. But the complaint is not unknown. Perhaps this is the first you've heard of it, yourself. That I don't know.

>> As the great Gen'l Patton probably never said - anyhoo.

>Who in their right mind rates him as great?

Who would think he'd ever have said - anyhoo?

It was a joke. Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 05:36:32 CET

Original text of this message