Re: The horse race

From: Mark Johnson <102334.12_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 20:27:56 -0800

"Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Mark Johnson wrote:
>> "Marshall Spight" <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> That means that someone who answered likely just skipped the question.
>> So I answer what seems to be their objection, but then necessarily
>> raise the original questions.

>You have yet to answer even one objection

I might say that of you.

>> That's a good reason to discuss it. Problems might reside in what had
>> been deemed settled and axiomatic.

>Well that confirms the Neo hypothesis! You think you're going to
>find some flaw in elementary set theory

If I personally think I've discovered something, I am content to remind myself that it's surely be discovered many times, before.

And you keep engaging in this ad hominem. It shows one thing, and one thing only. You feel you have nothing more to say. You see this as an argument, even a contest, and you've surrendered the field. Me, I'm just asking simple questions. Nothing more.

>I've heard that line of thinking before.

I'm not sure you even understand what I've been writing. Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 05:27:56 CET

Original text of this message