Re: XQuery (and XML) vs LISP

From: Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 05:22:55 GMT

Mark Johnson wrote:
> Frank Hamersley <terabitemightbe_at_bigpond.com> wrote:

>>Mark Johnson wrote:
[..]
>>OK - I had formed a view based on your previous posts that in your
>>opinion the RM is was too cumbersome for small jobs

> No, I referred, generally, to a general creation of workflow and
> processes design meant to simplify and reduce error and confusion in
> reasonably large projects, but which might seem overkill in simple
> ones. That's all.

Fair enough - there is a base cost to using any of the big project methodologies regardless of how small the project is. So you are correct to infer there is a point at which they should not be deployed.

In small projects most of the coordination is face to face and informal and remains effective because of the small number of players and limited scope.

Cheers, Frank. Received on Wed Feb 22 2006 - 06:22:55 CET

Original text of this message