Re: The horse race

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:37:23 +0100

x schrieb:
> "David Cressey" <dcressey_at_verizon.net> wrote in message
>

>>> No that's a relation. In describing a race, the attributes might
>>> include, gate. The gates are ordered.

>> The gates aren't really ordered.  The locations of the gates are ordered,
>> and the numbers painted on the gates are ordered, but the gates themselves
>> are not ordered.

> How would you model the beads and rods from
> http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Bead-Sort.html with RM instead ? :-)
A model is something static.
So, without fully understanding the sorting algorithm I'd probably have rows with a row number and beads with a column number belonging to a row.
Then I'd update the row number of the beads while sorting.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 16:37:23 CET

Original text of this message