Re: XQuery (and XML) vs LISP

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:40:17 +0200

"Mark Johnson" <102334.12_at_compuserve.com> wrote in message news:m3rlv19bu5u5jaqivetln1gsvk344vd97j_at_4ax.com...
> "x" <x_at_not-exists.org> wrote:
>
> >> handle them. The book did not have a version with error handling.
> >> Dropped ball.

> >How much are you prepared to pay for such a book ?

> But isn't that an admission of what you seemed to want to deny, that
> texts typically include rather trivial and meaningless examples, for
> whatever reasons?

The examples are not trivial and meaningless. The explanation is hard to understand just by reading the examples.

> You seem to suggest that useful insight and examples
> must necessary cost much more to purchase?

Not necessarily.
I am wondering what amount of money would persuade someone who really knows what he is talking about to share its knowledge and if he would be able to sell any book.

>Or are you simply
> complaining of the present costs now associated with short run
> professional texts, which have suffered an inflationary run of perhaps
> an order of magnitude in the last quarter century or more?

If you want to collect all those pieces how much it would cost you ? Worth the moneys ? Received on Tue Feb 21 2006 - 14:40:17 CET

Original text of this message