Re: Database design

From: Roy Hann <specially_at_processed.almost.meat>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:40:40 -0000

"x" <x_at_not-exists.org> wrote in message news:dtcjfn$f87$1_at_nntp.aioe.org...

> "Roy Hann" <specially_at_processed.almost.meat> wrote in message
>

> > I struggle to see how something that is n-dimensional could be called
> > "flat". Roy
>
> Without asperities , so smooth and slippery that [it] is very hard to
handle [...].

I don't know if the concept of asperity has been properly elucidated within relational theory, though no doubt that could be amusing (for someone).

I am more inclined to read it as just the usual witless gaff of noticing that the bounding box of a printed representation of a table has length and width and leaping to the conclusion that a table is therefore two-dimensional; planar: flat.

Roy Received on Mon Feb 20 2006 - 16:40:40 CET

Original text of this message