Re: Data Redundancy

From: Marshall Spight <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2006 08:06:27 -0800

dawn wrote:

> Or maybe with declarative constraints you have to a) figure out what
> you want to happen (function) so you can b) translate that into the
> correct declarative programming language statements (data) that your
> constraint engine will use as input. However, with procedural
> constraints you simply figure out what you want to happen (function)
> and write it (function).

Constraints aren't about something happening. If anything, they are about something not happening. Declarative languages don't have statements.

> It's a perspective thing, perhaps?

It can always be said to be a perspective thing: there are perspectives that lead us to correct conclusions, and ones that don't. There are valid perspectives and invalid ones.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that you're missing my points.

Marshall Received on Fri Feb 17 2006 - 17:06:27 CET

Original text of this message