Re: Oracle acquiring Sleepycat

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 16:01:27 -0800

dawn wrote:
> I just read "Oracle acquires Sleepycat"
>
> Now, why would a relational database vendor want to pick up a database
> that is not at all relational? If this were a few years ago, the
> answer might be something about migrating the installed base to the
> RDBMS. I don't think that is the story today. Interesting. --dawn

Oracle has a grand vision acquiring every software company in the world. Prior to sleepycat they bought InnoDb, some in-memory database vendor, Siebel, Peoplesoft, Toplink and countless others. See, the revenue of their bread-and-butter RDBMS product is so great that it can be dilluted indefinitely. Received on Wed Feb 15 2006 - 01:01:27 CET

Original text of this message