Re: OT - Best way to handle dbdebunk

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 17:11:20 GMT

Eric Junkermann wrote:

> In message <1139851723.914136.226520_at_g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
> Vadim Tropashko <vadimtro_invalid_at_yahoo.com> writes
>

>> Roy Hann wrote:
>>
>>> This isn't
>>> comp.databases.soap-opera.
>>

>> For the last year it's
>>
>> comp.databases.dawn.diary
>>

> Indeed. Every time I post something, it disappears behind a very long
> answer from Dawn which misses the point. Maybe I wouldn't get any
> relevant responses anyway, but at the moment it's impossible to tell.

That's a technique the vociferous ignorami master very quickly. I cannot count how many times Celko dumped 1000 word chunks of complete gibberish copied and pasted without any regard whatsoever for relevance or correctness into discussions with his betters.

It's a form of shameless self-promotion and misrepresentation. It would be harmless if it did not interfere with people earnestly trying to learn.

Dawn is a self-aggrandizing ignorant, and this has been proved many times by many people. It's a waste to even address her.

As an effective time management technique, I suggest you get a newsreader with a twit-filter and plonk her into it. Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 18:11:20 CET

Original text of this message