Re: Using FKs to non PK unique-indexes

From: vldm10 <vldm10_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2006 06:03:21 -0800

before.the.gods_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> Recently, I decided to use the MSSQL feature that allows an FK to point
> to a unique-index that is *not* a PK. I must say that this lead me to
> several - not to say existential - questions about database modeling
> and theory.

In my opinion you made mistake with the table ORDERS_PRODUCTS in your solution. The data from this table are derived. You can get ORDERS_PRODUCTS's data from the tables CLIENT_PRODUCTS and ORDERS (maybe with small improvements), i.e. you don't need ORDERS_PRODUCTS as a table. It seems that ORDER-PRODUCTS is source of the troubles.

Vladimir Odrljin Received on Tue Feb 14 2006 - 15:03:21 CET

Original text of this message