Re: OT - Best way to handle dbdebunk

From: David Fetter <david_at_fetter.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:47:11 -0600

Tony D <tonyisyourpal_at_netscape.net> wrote:

> David Fetter wrote:

>> -CELKO- <jcelko212_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
>>
>> > At this point Fabian is seen as a ranting lunatic riding on Chris
>> > Date's coattails.
>>
>> The same relationship holds between Chris Date and E.F. Codd.

> I'm sure that anyone who has actually met Chris Date in person would
> find it impossible to use the term "ranting lunatic" with respect to
> him. Indeed, I think he is sometimes overly polite with some who
> really deserve a more pointed response than he usually sees fit to
> give.

Were you under the impression that in order to be crazy, a person has to scream? As far as rudeness goes, it can take many forms. Perhaps you think that Date's treatment of other theorists is polite, but you'd pretty much have to define politeness to be that behavior in order to make it so.

Cheers,

David Fetter david_at_fetter.org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100    mobile: +1 415 235 3778

If we cease to judge this world, we may find ourselves, very quickly,
in one which is infinitely worse.
                                                    Margaret Atwood