Re: Query execution for intervals

From: x <x_at_not-exists.org>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 09:56:00 +0200

<frebe73_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Your k is really a constant or is someting like log(n)/n ?
> k is a constant. I don't claim that my assumption is correct. But until
> someone else can give a motivation why the assumption is wrong, I have
> to assume that it is correct.
>
> > You can also look at the actual query plan to see what operations would
be
> > performed.
> Nobody here seem to be able to provide an answer. Just trial an error.

Well, somebody have to do trial and error :-)

You said you use Oracle DBMS. I hope you know what you paid for. Look at the product documentation and experiment to know your product.

https://dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr/doc/oracle/server.102/b14211/technique.htm#i10797 https://dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr/doc/oracle/server.102/b14211/toc.htm

https://dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr/doc/oracle/appdev.102/b14288/exprn_expconcepts.htm

Oracle Spatial in https://dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr/doc/oracle/nav/portal_7.htm

etc. etc. etc.

Otherwise you risk to employ an unlicensed patented algorithm and you don't want to do that, don't you ? Received on Fri Feb 10 2006 - 08:56:00 CET

Original text of this message